Friday, October 16, 2009

Catchin' up at the park!

Another hot and humid day here. I was wiped out just getting to the parkie.
Hey! Who do I spy over there?
It's my pal, Golden Samantha http://www.sammiegolden.blogspot.com/ practicin' with her mom for the De Valle show this weekend......http://www.dvdc.org/Shows.htm!
It was pretty serious stuff...Sammie was so good at all of the sits, stays, downs, follow.....!!!
There she goes....round the cone....my mom was taking a video...you might see something over at Sammie's blog site. I was a pretty good bystander. Didn't try to distract Sammie, even though I really just wanted to wrestle and stuff...
Go Sammie! This is mom holding the video camera and watching Sammie's every move.
And, once showtime practice was over we walked around and found a few other parkie pals! We all had our tongues hanging way out from the heat and humidity!
Sammie and our mom's and I took our usual levy walk...we always are cautious for fly balls...gold balls that is, around this sign.....it's a dangerous area....so we hurry by...
On past this flowing, smelly stuff......?? Hmmmmmm
Lead the way Sammie!
And, past this sign....'Dogs MUST be on Leash...'.
Sammie and I with mom's shadows and some sandbags.....
And, a pair of mallards.....beautiful aren't they!?!?! Would love to play with them!
Sammie and I need some time to check these lovely quackers out.....
I needed a little extra time deciding if they would want to play or not.....hmmmm
Sammie is all about the gopher holes! And, there are lots!
Here's what we're seeing on the other side...that's Mt. Tamalpais in the background.
" I think I'm done walkin' guys...let's turn around here!"
I did not get my way, but we did get some water....I find that I get better water service or service in general when I make myself taller!
Yes! Sammie did get some water too!
Some interesting patterns below...
Lots of duckies out today! Well....out every day in this area.
We're on our way back now....snuggling up to Sammie. "I would just like to stay here in this tiny patch of shade, ok?"
Again, I didn't get my way...and on we went.... Sammie found a nice looking hole! Observing for quite some time, as usual..... Nothing hopped out this time....but she sported a pretty funny expression on her face from behind!
Ok, well, I had to check things out too....and it was slightly shady over here....mom thought our butts looked cute!
Back past the gold course..................making sure everything is on the up and up...
Posing at the end for a few last photos. Hi Sammie! Sammie gets a nice mommie hug! The mommies both had really sweet sun hats on. Intense afternoon sun today!
Yea! Back at the doggie water spot. Slurp slurp slurp!
Alright....we'll just get it from the source....
Whew! We were wiped out. But, a great time.
Have a nice weekend pals!!

22 comments:

  1. Hi Sierra Rose! Love your pics and love seeing that you are able to hang out with Sammie! Hugs Joey and Kealani
    PS Mommy is having a hard time commenting on your blog :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm soooo furry jealous woo two get to see each other and PLAY!

    Tank woo fur sharing all those khool pikhs!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is hard to imagine it being hot! I am glad you had plenty of water. I always am amazed at how big you are getting until I see you next to a full grown pal. Then you look like the puppy again. You and Sammie are beautiful. Isn't it nice to have good friends?

    Kisses,
    Emma Rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a really nice set of pictures! You are very lucky to live near both a golf course AND some water!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sierra Rose!

    Wow, you look like you've been having a grrrrEAT time! Those are all very lovely pictures, I especially like the ones of all that water and grass... That is so cool. It sure looks hot though! If you get too hot, you can come visit me in Canada. It's awfully cold here now that winter's coming!

    I hope you have a GRRRReat weekend, my friend!

    Sparky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Sierra Rose!
    Sure you had a pawesome day!
    Looks like Sammie had a great training time and then you two enjoyed a very nice walkie!
    I wish I could be there with you!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, even your drinks from the bottle of water and your snuggles so beautiful. You just have to love them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sierra Rose, what a great day you had. Those mallards were very pretty - did you get the chance to chase them?
    You and Sammie look so wonderful together - two gorgeous golden girls.
    You two just love each other too.
    Have the best weekend. We loved your pics.
    love
    Martha & Bailey xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhhh! Ya beat me to it! Can't get vids to upload properly - working on downloading new program, but may have to go with stills! That sure was fun... and HOT!!! Look forward to today's adventures! Sierra sure is a good puppy these days! Love you tons Sierra!
    Hugs xo
    Sammie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two Golden Girls strolling in the park, what a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great time you both had! You're so lucky that you and Sammie can spend so much time together, Sierra Rose!

    Love ya lots
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Sierra, it's so sweet to see you & Sammie together...best buds! Hope she does well at the trial! I'm sure you'll be following in her footsteps one day.
    Your pal,
    Sedona

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow SR
    You too are peas and carrots. Like peanut butter and jelly. Well leave the training up to Sammie... we'll leave the fun times to you. I'd join you for a walkie but I'm a bit of a nut.No doubt we would've went into the water... thanks for bringing me along (at least in a more peaceful way).
    norwood

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sierra - I wish I could've played w/ you and Sammy! You saw a lot of neat things - those ducks would've been fun for sure! Quack, quack!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sierra Rose,
    my mommy grew up with a Golden and LOVES them she even says that he saved their lives when a "bad guy" jumped over the backyard fence with a big knife... her golden chased him away! but she loves me too! we think it looks like you had an awesome park day! I bet we would have made great play buddies when I was younger, right now I'm feeling a bit old.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Woof! You sure did had a great time at the park and your buddy Sammie. LOVE the photos. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey SR
    I wonder if you found anything in that hole. Looks like you were happy but your snooter didn't fit. That's when it helps to have a terrier friend with you to dig it out.
    norwood

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a nice day you had with Sammie. You both look so cute walking so close together and the butt shot is cute too.

    licks and sniffs, Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like you and Sammie had a wonderful time. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great day out. Funny to think that you're getting it hot and humid as we are heading into shorter days and much colder air.

    How nice that you have Sammie as a friend, you're soon be as big as her and it'll be hard to tell you apart!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a wonderful day in the park! Are you doing anything for Halloween? Skyler and I are heading over to pick a pumpkin today. http://muddypawsinpittsburgh.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. We were so proud of Sammie when we saw the news on her wins yesterday. You two are so lucky to be able to get together and have such fun. We think we might have liked those ducks.

    One of these days we are sure we will be reading about you winning all the medals too.

    Tail wags, the OP Pack

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!